The Samsung SGH-E370 is a small slider phone released by Samsung around March 2006.
This phone is the successor of SGH-E350. Improvements include: A slightly bigger screen, improved camera resolution, and Bluetooth support.
The most common color is Black. There are other colors like red or pink, but those are very rare.
This phone is based on earlier version of the Swift platform. It has a Yamaha MA-3 (YMU762C) instead of the Swift software synthesizer.
- SGH-E350: Predecessor based on the same platform as the E370
- SGH-D500: Related but higher end slider phone with similar design
- SCH-V910/SPH-V9100/SPH-V9150: South Korean-exclusive phone that have same design as the international SGH-E370, but based on an entirely different platform. However, these the SK exclusive has similar specs to the international model.
- SGH-E370L: A revised SGH-E370 that has a different LCD module. Because of a shortage involving the LCD used with the original E370, Samsung started using a different and not fully compatible module.
|HW Platform/Chipset||Philips Swift SoC Platform (Philips PCF5213EL)|
|SW Platform/OS||Samsung Proprietary|
|Display||1.8 inch, 128x160, TFT. 16-bit colors|
|Flash memory||256 MB, ~40 MB is accessible to user|
|Operating modes||GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|Data||GPRS Class 10 & EDGE|
|Rear camera||1.3 Megapixel (1280x1024), LED Flash, Night mode, Self-timer, Brightness control, Digital Zoom|
|Video recording||Yes, QCIF|
|Supported image formats||BMP, GIF, JPG, WBMP|
|Supported sound formats||AMR, MID, MMF, MP3|
|Supported video formats||3GP, MP4|
|Synthesizer||Yamaha YMU762C (MA-3)|
|Java||MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1|
- Samsung ABGE3708BE (3.7 V, 800 mAh, Li-ion)
- Samsung TAD037xxx (5.0 V, 700 mA)
- Samsung PCB113BSE Data Link cable
Several firmware dumps of this phone can be found on several different websites, such as the Vodafone version and the unlocked version. (Provided below is unlocked, without any branding)
Below is the Firmware for the SGH-E370L. This firmware is only intended to be used for the L variant. Please don't flash SGH-E370 firmware on the E370L and vice versa.